July 18, 2011

I'm Baaack!

Back to having a life, that is. I turned in my final summer class paper just 2 hours shy of the 11:59 p.m. deadline on Friday, and then rewarded myself by having the most relaxing, unproductive, fattening weekend I've had in recent memory.

We slept in until 10:45 (two days in a row), we didn't cook a single meal at home, I ate bacon until I could not fit another bit into my face, I took a Sunday afternoon nap - a nap... my first since probably college! - and we watched movie after movie after movie. The only thing on our agenda was a cookout at our friends' new house, and that was as delightful and relaxing as lounging on my couch. So today, I'm a well-rested, rejuvenated girl!

My to-do list this week includes a lot of wants instead of musts...
  • Make a library list of leisure reads (yay!)
  • Browse for ideas for my friend's baby shower
  • Plan the details and dinner reservations for our HHI anniversary trip
  • Cook a few homemade dinners for my neglected little husb
  • Catch up with friends who I have ignored (unintentionally!) thanks to my crazy busy summer!
Do you have any must-read books for me to add to my list?! These are the books I plowed through last summer  and I am always open to suggestions! Also, any really great baby girl shower ideas you've seen lately - throw them my way! Here are few ideas I'm juggling in my head right now:
L.O.V.E. this "She's About to Pop" theme! via

Adorable baby clothes used as mantle decor would be perfect in their house via

I can't get over the cuteness of these onesie cookies! via

Super girly cupcakes instead of a cake? via

DIY Invitations, but will customize to her nursery colors via
So there is my inspiration thus far... I'm sure many of these ideas will be combined and tweaked to give us the perfect combination of baby chic for Baby J's soiree! Most of this stuff is DIY, so I plan on getting a head start before class starts back up next month. Baby girls are just too much fun :)

Book ideas? Shower ideas? I know you all have some great suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I'll do my best to respond :)