Some of our grilling *healthy* favorites include: ground bison burgers, turkey burgers w/ feta and spinach, beef/chicken and veggie kabobs, and salmon and asparagus! All are easy peasy to make, and if you have a cute grillmaster I hear they taste even better :) Here is how we grill up our most loved fish!
What you need:
- 2 salmon filets (or a single cut ~3/4 lb. for two people)
- A bundle of asparagus
- Minced garlic (we like the kind in olive oil)
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the asparagus and snap the little ends off, then spread them on a piece of foil
- Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil, lemon juice, and sprinkle w/ salt and pepper to taste
- Put the salmon filets in a separate piece of foil and do basically the same thing... except drench it in the olive oil, lemon juice, and then scoop on as much minced garlic on top as your little heart desires!
- Transfer your foil "pouches" to the grill - salmon over the flames, and the asparagus on the top rack or off to the side of the heat - with the sides folded up so your yummy stuff doesn't roll out
- The salmon should cook in about 20 min depending on how well-done you like it, but just check it with a fork and it should be cooked once it sort of flakes apart
- The asparagus, off the heat, should cook in about the same time as the salmon... you can scoop a little minced garlic over it when its close to being finished, too!