January 7, 2012

On the Road Again

We are heading back to the peach state this morning! I'm feeling ready to get back. Not because I'm sick of our families, of course... but I miss our stuff, our friends, our life, and mostly our routine. I am definitely feeling the holiday bulge, as 99% of our vacation and visiting with people revolved around food. Food, food and more food was the theme of this trip! No complaints here, but I did do myself the favor of buying my go-to favorite skinny jeans in a size UP.

In the not-so-distant past this would have been a tragedy of epic proportions in my life. I would have ordinarily squeezed and squatted and high kicked my way into my itty bittiest skinnies (don't act like you don't do the high kicks.....), but I'm embracing my curves. Curves, dimples, whatever. I'm resolving to focus less on size and more on what matters more than size. If some weeks I fit into last year's skinnies, that's great. But if other weeks I want to pull out their 2" roomier twins, then that's fine too!

Health > weight.
Good times (and usually simultaneously good food) > jean size.
Quality time > gym time.

Don't worry, I'm not gonna go and turn into a total fat aaa. After all, I do have to be in 3 weddings this year and I intend not to ruin their pictures with jiggly arms. I'm just realizing that there are more important things in life than my waistline.

And I'm not ashamed of (discreetly) undoing my top button after a great meal and a few glasses of wine with friends ;) But I'm also admittedly SO ready to get back into our usual healthy eating and regular exercise routine back home!! Things will work themselves out... and I'll be armed with my fave jeans in varying sizes to accommodate my expanding or shrinking bum size.

From Ohio to Atlanta we go! Have a great weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I'll do my best to respond :)