October 8, 2011

Champ

A year ago, this goofy furball went to doggy heaven.
Christmas 2008. He was such a diva about taking pictures :)
He was the sweetest puppy I've ever known. The only "brother" my sisters and I ever had.

For 14 long, happy years he provided endless entertainment and stinky, slobbery kisses.

He graced the family Christmas cards. Cheered us on at the sideline of our sporting events. Danced with his momma in the kitchen. Toted around fire wood logs like they were twigs. Smelled like Fritos when it was time for a bath. Dove off the dock year after year up in Canada. Contently wandered through the field while my dad hit golf balls. And sat on my mom's feet while she tried to do housework all the livelong day.
Getting some love from little Sara
Champy boy, we miss you all the time. Our home isn't quite the same without you in it... and even though a year has passed, I think we all secretly hope that one day you'll come prancing around the corner with the contents of a turned over and nosed through waste basket in your mouth.
Posing w/ my sister and his "Squeaky Baby"
I just know you're having the grandest old time chasing squirrels and running through the fields up in heaven. RIP Mr. Champ.

"God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there." 
- Billy Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I'll do my best to respond :)