October 9, 2011

Baby Shower

The baby shower this weekend for Miss Gia and her momma and daddy went fabulously! The weather was beautiful, all of the food and decorations turned out just how I envisioned, and most importantly - the little lady stayed in her mom's belly (and still is in there...) until after the party ~ phew!

For future reference... throwing a shower at the mom-to-be's 37th week of pregnancy is a little nerve racking for all involved! Thankfully, everything worked out! Gia, you are now welcome to come out and meet us any day you please!

Here are some at-a-glance shower pics ~ I'll post more detailed info about DIY things and desserts I made later on. Gia's mommy loved all of the decor and everyone enjoyed the sweets! :)
The invitations

Pretty food table

Gifts for baby!

Gerbera daisies in mason jars & card stock bunting

Onesie cut-out cookies

Pink drink station

Desserts!!

"Wishes for Baby" cards

Gerbera daisies around the house

The proud parents-to-be!
They got some adorable gifts and everyone had a great time! Throwing a co-ed shower meant that it was less of a "shower" and more of a party, so I was a little nervous about how the whole day would flow - but it went so so smoothly. The guys played corn hole and grilled out, the girls gossiped over mimosas and awww-ed at the itty bitty pink presents... it was perfect!

I'm not overly anxious to plan another shower or party any time too soon, but I loved {almost} every minute of planning and preparing for this one... and if a law career doesn't pan out, I think party planner may be in the running for back-up life plan ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I'll do my best to respond :)