March 1, 2011

Happy Bday Hubby!

Now that its officially March, I thought it would be appropriate to finally recap my poor little hubbs' birthday festivities! He is so neglected. Not. More like so spoiled! And deservedly so :) We have birthday weeks around our house, and his 24th was no exception! He didn't have to lift a finger... I cleaned the whole apartment before the weekend, stocked up on all of his favorite food/drinks, and catered to him hand and foot! {And you best believe fingers crossed, he'll be returning the favor in April!}
Bday din
While it was a weekend-long celebration of his precious life, we did the big "birthday dinner" on Saturday (before his Monday birthday) at Ray's on the River. We got dolled up and wined and dined in the dimly lit fancy-pants seafood restaurant, and both of us left just raving about the food and the service! Definitely added it to our short list of special occasion restaurants!
Andrew's cake request? OREO CHEESECAKE!
Andrew was in the middle of midterms the weekend of his birthday, so instead of a night out with friends, he wanted a quiet, relaxing weekend in. Fine by me! Unfortunately, that meant that this massive Oreo Cheesecake didn't get devoured as quickly as most of my other confections... it was a delish end to our Saturday celebration, but I found myself sneaking a spoonful (or 2. ok 3.) every time I opened the refrigerator throughout the next week! The extra jiggle in my behind will be a lovely reminder of his special birthday dessert for months to come......

Since my healthy hubbs never, ever eats sweets, I was shocked when he actually requested this as his birthday cake! How do I say no to that?! If I was surprised at the request, then I was floored at the sight of him actually eating his OWN piece! Normally our dessert-eating goes something like this:

Me: Want to share dessert?
Andrew: Sure.
Me: Ok (!!!!!), what sounds good??
Andrew: Eh. Whatever you want babe.
Me: (to waiter)"We'll have the red velvet cheesecake please!" "Could we please split the creme brulee?"
**Dessert arrives**
Andrew: [takes one little weenie bite]
Me: [eats the whole dang thing..... fml]


Needless to say, I was beyond thrilled that the birthday boy not only ate a piece of cake, but (allegedly) enjoyed it! It wasn't the cake I had originally planned to make, but there will be other occasions to test my confection concocting talents... I'm just glad I finally could whip up a cake he would eat!
After a fabulous dinner and my made-with-love dessert, I showered my hubbs with gifts! Jeans (of his choosing), a grill basket for fish/veggies, an OU alumni license plate holder, sneakers, books and gift cards were among his bday loot - some from me, some from our wonderful parents!

The rest of the weekend was less noteworthy. I made a big breakfast Sunday, we lounged around in the morning, and then spent the afternoon/evening studying in the same general vicinity of each other. Very romantic haha. Then on Monday, his actual birthday, despite hubbs having some big important test the next day, we squeezed in an early sushi dinner date (Vday+Bday) at our favorite little spot, followed by... more cake, what else?! Bella got her dad a card - such a thoughtful little feline. I think it said something along the lines of "Hope your day is purrrrfect!" Then she proceeded to attack my mittens for the remainder of the evening.
Bella Bad Girl

She knows she's busted...
Some year - preferably before we hit 30 - we hope to spend a birthday uninterrupted by schoolwork and studying. Until then... we'll stick with early dinners, all the cake we can get our hands on, and homeworking with the Bachelor on in the background! Andrew told me that his 24th was his best birthday ever! And that, my friends, is all that really matters!

My job here is done :) Until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I'll do my best to respond :)