January 3, 2011

Home for the Holidays

There is nothing like being home for the holidays! And we are so spoiled by our grad student winter breaks that I honestly don't know what I will do when we only have a few vacation days to take around Christmas and New Year's! We're blessed to have so much family in the same general area - our parents live in the same town, my grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles all live within an easy 15-35 minutes by car - but it definitely makes for a hectic holiday break schedule!

There are so many people to see, places we want to eat, and things to get done that sometimes we get overwhelmed (in a good way) with scheduling everything we want/need to do in such a short couple of weeks... weeks that are already filled with crazy busy holiday festivities! We are down to our last 6 days at home, and we have a full schedule of visiting with family and friends, ordering next semester's books, and trying to soak up the last few precious hours of sleep we can get before the hustle and bustle of school picks back up.

I'm not complaining. Really, I'm not! This is the best kind of "stress" a girl could ever hope to have - too much family and so many friends wanting to visit with us, and not enough hours and days to cram it all in while we're home! Its the best sort of busy to be and I am happy to be running around like a crazy lady until Saturday :) But when Saturday arrives and we make the long trek back to Atlanta... I will be just as happy lazing around with my little family as I am scheduling every meal and waking moment to be around friends and family back home!
Cute hubbs and our little bebe on Christmas day :)
Until then... its sleep, visit, eat/visit, shower, visit! Hope your holiday season has been filled with as much of this good busyness as ours has been! I wouldn't want it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I'll do my best to respond :)