May 17, 2012

Settling In

I think I underestimated how much work it is to move! Considering this is the first move we've made since owning furniture, wedding gifts, and 2 pets... we really didn't know what we were getting ourselves into! But I'm happy to report that things are finally coming together. Slowly but surely. More slowly than I had hoped due to having weekend visitors the first (and only) two weekends - in a row - that we've been living in our condo ~ but the hectic, unorganized house was a worthwhile trade for some quality time with our visiting siblings :)
Darla was not a fan of moving day!

I watched our furniture being unloaded...

And watched the boxes pile up...

And had a panic attack thinking about how/where/when I'd unpack all of our junk!
Thankfully, I have had a few weeks off between finishing finals and starting my bar review course... I worked on getting us settled in from the time I woke up until I went to bed at night! While my friends were working on their tans by the pool (ahem... Sheila), I was hanging pictures, organizing closets, and shopping for odds and ends we needed to make this place feel like home.
The furbabies seem to enjoy the guest room

I kept the office bright and cheery... an attempt to make bar studying less depressing!

The bedroom looks largely the same as it did in our old apartment (excuse the weird yellow lighting??)

The living room still needs some work but its coming along
My actual camera is still MIA (despite having unpacked all of the boxes....... yikes) so I'm hoping to take some better pictures once that sucker turns up! Digging through the closets to find it is on my to-do list for today because I'd like some real camera pictures from my graduation this Saturday!! woop!

Other posts I'm working on, to make up for my 17 day hiatus {why does this keep happening...???} include: sister's visit, a simple but adorable DIY project, and the arrival of our precious NIECE! Stay tuned ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I'll do my best to respond :)