April 19, 2012

Ramblings

* It's 6 a.m. Darla has been up since 4 a.m. I have to get up with her, otherwise I sit awake in bed while she barks and get sweaty armpits thinking about how much our neighbors must want to kill us. She was also up to pee at 2 a.m. Now she gets to sleep all day while I go to school/work feeling (and looking) like a total zombie. Whose idea was it to get a puppy again?? Oh right. Mine.
Passed out in the kitchen. After 3 hours of barking, peeing, playing, eating.

* This will be our last weekend in our apartment. My excitement about our new place has sort of faded into anxiety + nostalgia + bitersweetness. This was our first home together. We love our little apartment. Our neighborhood. Our down-the-street restaurants. Our beautiful landscaping. Our park next door. I'm sure there will be plenty to love about our new location, and I'm more excited than I am anxious... but its hard not to have mixed feelings about leaving this place. Even if we are only moving 10 miles away.
Hard to see, but this is the floor plan of our new condo. It helps me get more excited and less sad to look at it :)


* In other panic-inducing news, today is my last official day of law school. I have a final next week. I haven't opened a case book since sometime in January (not. joking.) and I'm having mild panic attacks about how I'll pass this one last class. My head also spins when I think about how fast this 3 year journey has gone... I've heard people say something like "the years fly by but the days drag on" - that about sums up my law school experience. I thought it would never end. Now, its ending.

* Speaking of time flying by........... I'm turning 25 on Sunday. I don't feel like I'm 25. My 16-year-old self didn't picture my 25-year-old self quite like this. I don't feel as mature as 25 sounds. And I don't feel like I have accomplished everything I expected I would a quarter of a century into my life. I feel like I hit the pause button on adulthood to go to law school. I want to have a job, buy a house, take real vacations, enjoy actual weekends. I'm excited for what this 25th year of life has to offer!

* Unrelated. {If anyone is still reading.} My brain has turned to scrambled eggs from lack of sleep (see: puppy paragraph above). I either mailed, or lost, or threw away 1) my MIL's bday card and 2) my Ohio drivers license renewal application -- complete with vision exam paperwork, a check, and my license. That's right... I mailed off my actual license. I hope. If I didn't mail it, its lost in space. It was with the birthday card... which if I mailed, was sent last Wednesday. My MIL hasn't gotten her card yet. If she never gets her card, my license renewal envelope is MIA. Cross your fingers that my sleep-deprived brain dropped both things in the mail, will ya? For the life of me I can't remember if I actually mailed them. I don't know how all you moms do it - this no sleep stuff is serious business. 


Off I go to splash some cold water on my face and get on with my day. 


Excuse my ramblings. Don't like it? Joke's on you for reading it through to the end...

This was oddly therapeutic. But I have no plans to ever write a nonsensical post like this ever again! If you don't unfollow me after this, bless your heart.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are celebrating the end of law school missy! Much to be proud of! 25 was my favorite year (became a mom;))!
    Happy almost b-day!!
    And your puppy is precious. Probably not at 4am though...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I'll do my best to respond :)