April 16, 2012

Condo Decorating

I'm doing my best not to get ahead of myself with condo decorating... We don't move for 2 weeks still, so in the meantime I'm collecting ideas rather than collecting more furniture and stuff to move, per my husband's demand request. It's so hard to visualize where I want everything to go in this new space, and its even harder to refrain from shopping for new stuff I'm picturing in my head until after we're in the our new place!

Sooo until I have the keys and somewhere to store all this furniture and decor I'm plotting to buy/make, I'll just keep storing my ideas on Pinterest. And in between pinning, I'll do some of that more useful, practical moving nonsense........ like change our address, schedule a technician to move our cable/internet service, and get someone out to re-install our security system. But mostly I'll be pinning. And drinking coffee.

via
 Our laundry room is about this size... just a little nook. But I'll take this nook over our laundry closet any day! I'd love to put some shelving/storage above the washer and dryer. I'm also debating putting all of Miss Kitty's stuff in this room (food, water, potty) and gating it somehow so the puppy doesn't have access........ TBD.
via
 Ok, ok. This is a pipe dream. While our new master closet will be long and narrow like the one in this picture....... it has exactly zero organization built-in. Unlike the 2-bedroom condo we almost rented (in the same building) that was the former model home and had model home perfect professional closet organization in every.single.closet --- the 3-bed unit we decided was better suited to our growing family of furbabies has closets that need some help! I like this shoe storage idea. Seems like a good use of space.
via
 No, we won't be decorating a nursery. BUT I do love the idea of a little window bench. There is a "sunroom" area off of the living room with a big window that would be perfect for a little bench. I've found some great DIY ideas for this sort of thing... so I'm leaning toward making a piece like this myself. We'll see!
via
 Our office was/is the most neglected room in our apartment. It hardly ever gets used for "office" purposes, and really just serves as our guest room. Now that we'll have a guest room and and office - and now that I'll be spending 10ish hours/day in said office studying for the bar (ew) - I want to make it a more inviting, organized space! And I'm mildly obsessed with floating shelves right now. Don't know why.......
via
Another far fetched idea? Perhaps. Andrew has been talking about wanting a hammock on our balcony/deck for weeks. I'm not sure how serious he is, but the more I think about it... the cooler it sounds! I'm trying to find one on Craigslist that is relatively cheap and I want to see if with our bigger outdoor area mayyyybe we can find a way to make a balcony hammock work and still have room for a little bistro table and a grill??? This one is way too cramped. Our deck will be at least 2-3x bigger. I think it would be fun :)

Ok. Thats enough day dreaming for one morning. I guess its time to call AT&T.........

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I'll do my best to respond :)